Today's special edition of the Local Business Stories by Alignable podcast highlights another industry luminary. Bill Brunelle, co-founder of Independent We Stand (IWS), is doing amazing work supporting small businesses around the country. IWS is inspiring small businesses to celebrate their locally owned status and helping them compete with big box retailers.
Listen to The Full Interview Below - Click the Big Green Triangle at the Bottom of The Post!
Small business owners regularly face the challenges of trying to compete with large corporations with even larger budgets for marketing and advertising. In additional to the competition, owners typically maintain a grueling daily schedule which leaves little time for implementing adequate marketing campaigns. IWS provides free toolkits to help small businesses get online with social media and level the playing field.
In this episode, we talk about the annual IWS road trips that highlight businesses on Main Streets all across the country. Bill shares a wealth of knowledge on trends that impact locally owned businesses. He also shares the details about the upcoming Indie Awards where one lucky business will win $10,000.
What You'll Learn From this Episode:
- How Independent We Stand got started
- Industries that IWS partners with to reach locally owned, small businesses
- Annual road trips designed to tell the stories of local business and bring attention to Main Street in America
- How IWS can help small business promote their local brand to an online audience
- How a small gift shop uses social media to build their brand and raise money for local charities
- Why joining an independent retail associations is a great strategy for local business owners to improve their marketing efforts
Last year's "indy" award