Ask & Learn

Tagged in Referral

Suggestions For Utilizing Facebook To Build Referrals?

Asked by Marcy Schacter from Make Healthy Taste Great

  • 5393
  • 467
  • 155

Has anyone found a great system for automating referrals through a simpleFacebook page

How-To Articles

Tagged in Research

How To Actually Generate Customers On Professional Networks: Part 1

Asked by Julbert Abraham from AGM - LinkedIn Marketing & LinkedIn Training

  • 5029
  • 426
  • 64

If you're wondering if you can get clients from a professional network such as LinkedIn or Alignable (or any... Read Full Answer

Data & Insights

Tagged in Engineering & IT

10 Actually Actionable Benefits Of List Building

Asked by Juan Manuel Colome from Top Response Marketing

  • 1244
  • 25
  • 7

What is List Building all about?

List building refers to a continuous process of adding new and updated subscribers to your list.... Read Full Answer

Local Business Stories

Tagged in Local

Celebrating Small And Locally-owned Businesses With Bill Brunelle of Independent We Stand

Asked by Alan Belniak from Alignable

  • 1739
  • 1
  • 0

Today's special edition of the Local Business Stories by Alignable podcast highlights... Read Full Answer

How Do I Bottle and Sell My Own Spicy Sauce?

By Cecilia Hae-Jin Lee · Posted on Thursday, June 22, 2017 · Tagged in Sales

I have a restaurant in Los Angeles ( and want to bottle and sell our sauce(s). Does anyone know regulations for doing that? Do we need to use a co-packer or can we just bottle our own small batches to sell? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Most Liked Answer

Michael Gandy from GRW Consulting, LLC
18 Locals Recommend Them • Answered on Thursday, June 22, 2017

Well, you can't just start bottling it and selling it. There are local and federal regulations that you need to abide by.

There are bottling manufacturers that can do it all for you, but you won't bring in as much of a profit. Since you already have a restaurant, your current food purveyor (such as Sysco or U.S. Foods) may have the capabilities.

If you're looking to do it yourself, here are some ideas:

1. Before you do anything, you'll need to see if it's worth your while. Negotiate prices on jars and sealable lids with different vendors, and then factor in... (more)

Cecilia Hae-Jin Lee from Nabi
1 Local Recommends Them • Replied on Thursday, June 22, 2017

Hi Michael! Thanks for the info. Do you have experience bottling and selling sauces? Just wondering what you've experienced. Thanks!

Michael Gandy from GRW Consulting, LLC
18 Locals Recommend Them • Replied on Tuesday, June 27, 2017


My knowledge in bottling and selling sauces comes from my experience in franchise development in the food industry. I have taken recipes and put them into mass production, but they were produced in New Mexico. I have personally studied the SQF Code Ed. 7, developed HACCP plans, and became a ServSafe instructor. I also consult with businesses on these kinds of things. I hope the information I provided is of help to you. I would be happy to speak more about it with you privately if you're needing a consultant. Let me know.

Richard Girard from Marijuana News Co
2 Locals Recommend Them • Answered on Sunday, July 2, 2017

Cecilia call local bottling companies, they can make and bottle your sauce. And even labeling. They will have a minimal number of bottles to do the run, each company is different.

Get yourself a LLC or Inc. Your bank will do it for free and pay state fee about $100

Your local bottling companies will have all you need to get a product in boxes to you to sell. Ask for private labeling services here is a link to one

Mari-Lyn Harris from Sedona Pies
46 Locals Recommend Them • Replied on Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Thank you Richard, I'll keep them in mind for the future.. An LLC in CA is $800. + filing fees.

Dan OLeary from Lady Divine Delights L.L.C.
0 Locals Recommend Them • Replied on Friday, July 14, 2017

Hi, to do an LLC or Inc. Try a company called incorp here is there contact info. They did my LLC in less then 8 hours and it was $400 that included the state file fees.

[email address]

(800) 246-2677

(702) 317-4245

2360 Corporate Circle, Suite 400

Henderson NV 89074-7722

Mari-Lyn Harris from Sedona Pies
46 Locals Recommend Them • Answered on Sunday, July 2, 2017

Cecilia, I would of replied to your question from me, except you have replied turned off. I too have a product of which I've done some extensive research into packaging my filling or canning them. According to the Dept of Health in CA., I have to work with a co-packer. I can package and sell them as a perishable product. However, after speaking to a nutritionist and who helps people bottle or package they food items. like my fillings, she said the recipe would change and it would not be the same quality of product that I represent it to be now.

Cecilia Hae-Jin Lee from Nabi
1 Local Recommends Them • Replied on Wednesday, July 5, 2017

I didn't know I could turn on replies. Sorry about that!

It all is so very complicated, isn't it? I have now spoken to several co-packers, but we do have the "cottage industry" laws that allow us to self pack and sell to some extent. Looking into all the regulations on that. A bunch of people sell in farmer's markets and the like, so I'm looking into that.

Clayton Thompson from Clayton's Siesta Grille
8 Locals Recommend Them • Answered on Monday, July 3, 2017

Call Fred Lewis of B&B Bottlers in Bradenton. Fred bottles our hot sauces for Clayton's Siesta Grille. xxx-xxx-xxxx Fred can help you out with some of your questions.

Jim Lewis from Carmen's Cafe
3 Locals Recommend Them • Answered on Saturday, July 1, 2017

That's what we do. In our local Farmer's Market, homemade is encouraged. You can get a lot of experience before you hit the big time. You can get paid (the best money you'll make, per unit) to find out how people like it, who buys, how to approach your market, how to tweak the recipe. Beats paying a focus group!

In our state, that's all possible under our restaurant license and inspection, until we sell more than 50% of our product (vs. total restaurant sales). If we sell in someone else's store, we need an approved label. We don't need other inspections,... (more)

Cecilia Hae-Jin Lee from Nabi
1 Local Recommends Them • Replied on Sunday, July 2, 2017

Thanks, Jim! I have to find out all the CA regulations for it, but looks like I'm leaning more towards the small batch thing for starters. Thanks for the info!

Load More

Join Your Local
Business Network

Connect & get quality referrals
from Small Business Owners

Asked By

Cecilia Hae-Jin Lee from Nabi
Los Angeles, CA