Alignable is looking for a talented UX/UI/Product Designer to create compelling user experiences for the desktop and mobile.
Who we are
Alignable is a fast growing social network for small business owners. We believe that local businesses are stronger together. Our goal is to help small business owners make the connections that lead to long-term relationships, generate more word-of-mouth referrals, and unlock access to the collective wisdom of the local business community. We feel we are building something big given our early market traction and are looking for individuals who will be self starters and passionate about what they do. We strongly believe that great product design will play a large role in our success.
The opportunity for us is massive - there are 30 million small business owners in the US and they create 65% of new jobs and contribute 50% of GDP. The team is made of extremely talented individuals with entrepreneurial and startup work experience.
What you will do
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering to define and implement innovative solutions that delivers a consistent and easy to use user experience.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to wireframes to high fidelity mockups.
- Develop original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex user scenarios.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows and mockups to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Present designs to peers and executive level stakeholders.
- Establish a design culture and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards.
What you love to do
- Exhibit strong passion for designing product user experiences that are functional, simple yet beautiful and easy to use.
- You are a self starter and driven to make not only your designs come to life but you also make others around you better. You want to do what it takes to deliver if working on nights and weekends is what it takes. We are a startup after all.
- While you are a big proponent of great user experiences, you can find the fine balance between "awesome" and launching something for testing and learning fast.
- Think through a workflow and make bold and daring design decisions to reinvent it.
- Work with minimal supervision in a very fast paced startup environment.
- Pitch your ideas to different stakeholders and lead productive discussions that result in a beautiful design.
- Attention to detail to ensure that the delivered product from engineering is pixel-perfect, but a realist knowing that perfection is the enemy of the good.
- Stay up to date with the latest UI trends and technologies.
What you have
- Compelling visual and user experience design experience for desktop and mobile is a must.
- Strong design portfolio that demonstrates your skills in creating well thought out designs.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
How to Apply: email us at email@example.com